North American Immigration Services

Phone Icon (123) 456-7890   


Employment Based Visas and Green Cards

Our company, North American Immigration Services, works with a variety of employment-based immigrant visas. The main categories we specialize in include:

EB-1 EB-2 EB-3 EB-4 EB-5

EB-1-1 - Persons of Extraordinary Ability

This visa is available to those with extraordinary ability in the science, arts, education, business, or athletics. It must ust be filed with evidence of a one-time achievement. For example, you could submit evidence of a major internationally-recognized award such as a Nobel Prize,Alternative evidence based on at least three of the types of evidence below can also be used to qualify:

  • Receipt of a lesser nationally or internationally-recognized prizes or awards for excellence in your field of endeavor.
  • Membership in associations in the field which require outstanding achievements of their members.
  • Published material about the applicant in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
  • Evidence of participation on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in the field.
  • Evidence of original scientific, scholarly, artistic, or business-related contributions of major significance.
  • Evidence of authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media.
  • Evidence that the applicant's work has been displayed at artistic exhibition or showcases.
  • Evidence that the applicant has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments that have distinguished reputations.
  • Evidence that the applicant commands a high salary or other significantly high remuneration.
  • Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts.

EB-1-2 - Outstanding Professors or Researchers

The applicant must be recognized internationally for their outstanding academic achievements in a particular field. He or she must have at least three years of experience in teaching or research in that academic area and enter the U.S. in a tenure or tenure-track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education. The applicant must also submit at least two of the following as evidence:

  • Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field.
  • Membership in associations in the academic field which require outstanding achievements of their members.
  • Published materials in professional publications written by others about the applicant's work.
  • Participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others.
  • Original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field.
  • Authorship of scholarly books or articles in scholarly journals with international circulations in the academic field.
Professor & Student

EB-1-3 - Multinational Executives or Managers

Some executives or managers of multinational companies who are transferred to the U.S. may qualify for this classification. If the worker is now employed outside the U.S., he or she must provide evidence that he or she has been employed outside the U.S. for at least one year in the past three years in an executive or managerial capacity by the petitioner or its parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate. If the worker is in the U.S., he or she must demonstrate that he or she was employed outside the U.S. for at least one year in the three years preceding admission as a non-immigrant in an executive or managerial capacity by the petitioner or its parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate. The prospective U.S. employer must have been doing business for at least one year to qualify.


EB-2-1 - Exceptional Ability in Sciences, Arts, or Business

Exceptional ability means having a degree and expertise significantly above that which is normally found within that field. Applicants must submit the following evidence:

  • An official academic record showing that the person has a degree or diploma from a college, university, or other learning institution.
  • A letter from current or former employers showing that the applicant has at least 10 years of full-time experience in his or her occupation.
  • A license or certification to practice the profession.
  • Evidence that the applicant commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability.
  • Evidence of membership in professional associations associated with the field.
  • Evidence of recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry.
    A labor certification is required for this category.

EB-2-2 - Members of Professions Holding Advanced Degrees

A petition can be filed in this category if the job requires an advanced degree, such as a master's degree or Ph.D., and the applicant has such a degree or the equivalent of a bachelor's degree, plus five years of progressive experience. A labor certification is also required for this category.

EB-2-3 - National Interest Waiver

The applicant may apply for a green card in the EB-2 category and seek a waiver of the offer of employment and a waiver of labor certification by establishing that his or her admission to permanent residence in the U.S. will be in the national interest. The beneficiary must qualify as either an advanced degree professional or an alien of exceptional ability in order for a NIW case to be considered.

EB-3 - Professional Workers

An applicant must hold a U.S. bachelor's degree or a foreign equivalent degree that's normally required for his or her profession, such as engineering, computer science, or any other advanced field. The job must require a bachelor's degree. Qualifying jobs in this category are similar to the specialty occupations listed for an H-1B visa. Education and experience may not be substituted for the degree in this particular case.

EB-4 - Religious Workers

To qualify as an EB-4 religious worker, the applicant must be a member of a religious denomination that has a non-profit organization in the U.S. based on that religion. The applicant must have been a member of the religious denomination for at least two years before applying for admission for this visa. The person must have been carrying on the vocation, professional work, or other religious work continuously for the past two years. His or her past work in this position must be both full-time and compensated.


EB-5 - Immigrant Investor Program

The U.S. government created the EB-5 immigrant investor program in 1990 to encourage foreign investment in U.S. businesses. In exchange for investing in a company that creates jobs for U.S. workers, investors and their families are eligible to become permanent residents of the United States. There are currently two ways for foreign investors to obtain an EB-5 visa:

  • Investment in a new or existing commercial enterprise that creates jobs.
  • Investing capital through a regional center, which is a government-approved firm that actively manages investor funds and the immigration process.

We Work With the Best Regional Centers

The minimum investment amounts are the same for each of these methods. Each applicant must invest a minimum of $1 million in a job-creating venture. If the business is located in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), which is defined as a rural area with high unemployment rates, then the investment must lead to the creation of employment for at least 10 full-time jobs. Most regional centers in the U.S. are located in TEAs.

Investing capital through a regional center provides several major benefits to foreign nationals. Regional centers are organizations or entities designated by the USCIS that sponsor capital investment projects for EB-5 investors. They focus on specific geographic areas within the U.S. in order to promote economic growth there.

One of the most important benefits is the ability count both direct and indirect jobs. Under the direct investment program, only directly-created positions are eligible to meet the job creation criteria. Direct job creation is a result of an investment which has created and sustained ten new actual jobs over a two-year period. Under the regional center program, investors can satisfy the job requirements by showing indirect job creation from pooled funds of all of the investments in a project.

These jobs can be created collaterally or as a result of the capital invested in a commercial enterprise that's affiliated with a regional center. In other words, the investor doesn't need to show that he or she directly hired any employees and the burden of proving job creation is passed on to the regional center instead. Since most of the regional centers are located in TEAs, the minimum investment amount is reduced to $500,000 instead. American Connections work with the most established and reputable regional centers that have a history of guaranteed green card approval rates.